Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
Located in the Alwar district, Sariska was declared a sanctuary in the year 1955. Spread over an area of 800 sq km (core area 500 sq km), the sanctuary was further given the status of a National Park in 1979.
The topography of the sanctuary is quite similar to that of Ranthambore National Park. Northern Aravalli range dominates the Sariska landscape, with sharp cliffs and narrow valleys. Scrub-thorn arid forests, dry deciduous forests, rocks and grasses, all contribute to the geographical features of Sariska in Rajasthan, India. The climate of Sariska is both inconsistent as well as unpredictable. Read on this Sariska travel guide to know more about this tiger reserve:
Sariska National Park tour
will bring you forth the exotic wildlife of the sanctuary. The wildlife of the Sariska wildlife sanctuary boasts of Tiger, Hyena, Jungle Cat, Jackal, Sambar, Wild Dog, Chital, Langur, Nilgai, Leopard, Chausingha, Civets, Wild Boar, Rhesus Monkeys, etc.
The park is home to a wide variety of bird species also. Finding a habitat in this sanctuary are Golden backed Woodpecker, Tree Pie, Peafowl, crested Serpent Eagle, Sand Grouse, The Great Indian horned Owl, Grey Partridge, Bush Quail, etc.
Sariska National Park is the heritage of the former rulers of Alwar. Standing as a witness to the rich historical past of the sanctuary are numerous pavilions and temples. One of the famous monuments inside Sariska is the Kankwari Fort. As per the historical records, Mughal emperor Aurangzeb imprisoned his elder brother, Dara Shikoh, in this fort. Along with that, there is also a palace inside the Sariska Tiger Reserve built by the former rulers of Alwar. Then, there is an ancient Shiva temple inside the sanctuary, dating back to the 6th-13th century. The park remains open almost throughout the year, but the best time to visit is during the months of October to April.
- Central India Train Tour
- North India Train Tour
- South India Train Tour
- India Nepal Train Tour
- Western India Train Tour
- Golden Triangle
- Golden Triangle Tour with Mandawa
- Golden Triangle Tour with Shimla
- Golden Triangle with Golden Temple
- Golden Triangle Tour with Pushkar
- Golden Triangle with Goa Tour
- Golden Triangle with Khajuraho Tour
- Fascinating Rajasthan with Beach
- Goa Luxury Beaches Tour with Agra
- Golden Triangle with Indian Beaches
- Maharaja Forts, Palaces & Beaches
- Rajasthan Palaces with Beaches
- Rajasthan with Golden Beaches
- Temples Tour with Beaches
- Char Dham Yatra
- Amarnath Yatra
- Buddhist Tour
- Shirdi Tour
- Holy Ganges with Rajasthan
- Special Interest Tour With Rajasthan
- Rajasthan with Srinagar and Varanasi
- Rajasthan With River Ganges & Khajuraho
Design & developed by Meta Soft Tech . Copyright © 2012 Holiday in Rajasthan.